Wednesday 9 March 2011

1/144 F-14A Black Tomcat Work In Progress 2


First I painted the seats, for the supporters or what the heck is that, I painted with titanium silver...

Then I painted the seat red with a lil' bit of black, so it +/- looks like that dark blood red...and for the head support I painted titanium gold.


This is the cockpit area, just painted the areas that will show up with titanium silver, but only the outside, and left the inside black for some contrast...


So this is it finished with some light focussing, that's why it reflects so much, since this is a 1/144, it's so small to paint, and you can see some mistakes, but only noticeable at a really close distance...and since it'll be closed by the canopy, even less noticeable...


I when with some clear green for that panel, because it's normally the most used colour on aircraft control panels and stuff...and it kinda fits there..again..just simple detail...

Now a +/- top view shot...

So this was it...it took me a few time to paint, and repaint because when I painted one colour sometimes it got over other colour and stuff, and since it's so small pieces I ended up loosing one or another a couple times, so more problems there, in the end it all fitted well, and for me looks well...

Now the next part will be more difficult, I must try out some primers and stuff, to see if they work or not...so I might only have time for that friday or sunday...because school will start again...

Hope you have enjoyed! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment