Friday 19 August 2011

1/144 F-14A Black Tomcat Work In Progress FINAL!

So here I am digging this work, I abandoned a couple months ago, due to lot of school work and it really consumed my time...

This is the Last WIP of this project, I actually bought the paints like a month ago, but today my mother called me to help her cleaning some stuff, and I found out some pieces I left them dry a couple weeks ago, so I decided, why not, finish this thing?

So I only needed to paint the aircraft, and so I did, I had a clear primer and a black semi gloss spray paint, for the model, at first I was like...bahhh clear primer...let  me try this thing out, but it actually works really well, and gives a really nice and smooth touch to the surface, and prepares it for the paint...

I of course tested it on some pieces and runners before going straight for the plane, and tcharam ~!, the result was really good for me and so I went and painted the plane. Here are some pictures :)



At the top left some missiles, and the bottom left another missiles, which I painted grey just to give it some more colour, I intend to panel line it later too since it has some cool channels for it.

And at the right the fuel tanks, which I painted white according with the manual.



Here it is the bottom part, already painted, these paints I find really good because they dry really fast, the primer, dries well in 10 - 15 minutes, and the paint, an hour is enough, although they say minimum 2 hours...



I find the paint really easy to use, it dries fast, and it makes the colour uniform, also since it is semi gloss, it is kinda like bandai's plastic without being painted, so it's not flat neither glossy, it's medium, and I love the result :D

I'm leaving it to dry a couple more hours, and then I'll go and make the final touches, panel lining and paint some details on the wheels and stuff :)

I feel like I have the spirit back on me, since I was kind let down of some experiments I had done with previous paints and primers, and was really sad, and I had no hope for this project, at least for the next weeks / months, luckily I finally got right with the primer and paint, so I'm really really happy for this work...

It is my first "true" project, and I gave it my best, and still am going to do so, but really got me excited for doing more gunpla and more projects...

Really am expecting to finish this thing later tonight, and I'll be posting some pictures! See you all later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment