Tuesday 17 August 2010

HG 1/144 Exia Repair II WIP part 3

Part 3 of the work in progress, have to say, that I still have a couple things to do, like painting those GN things, but for that I need the Tamiya Clear Green which may arrive tomorrow. 


 The head is a bit weird in this photo because the eye stickers are put a bit bad, but at a distance you won't even notice, but you can see that I painted the face mask with two grey stripes with mecha grey gundam marker.


I also cut some excess plastic from the V-fin, that Bandai puts on them so that children don't poke their eyes...
And I also painted each sides, with a yellow gundam marker.


First thing I noticed on the manual was that on the pictures they showed what I think to be a white thruster, so I did the same and painted it with some white gundam marker.


Missing the GN clear parts, but I panel lined the hand and put the grey sticker, which actually gives more life and detail, and doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

Last but not least, a picture showing the extra hand of the kit, a opened hand, which is good for this face palm situations....
I still have some work to do, like cutting excess plastic, and paint the gn clear parts.
So far so good, I like the kit very much and it's not a very hard building kit, since he comes with all the right colours. Unlike the Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny High Grades which has like 40 % missing colours.
In 00 kits I see Bandai took the time to do things right, the legs and the arms, are really complex, specially the legs, which has some kind of inner frame.
So see you in part 4 which will depend on the arrive of the Tamiya paints. So I hope for it to come tomorrow. 
See you then ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment